Hi there. This is the very first post, which will be introductory. I will tell a little bit about myself, about the blog and which goals I am pursuing.
My name is Sergey Potapov. I develop software for living. I have a separate dedicated tech blog: greyblake.com.
In my spare time I am reading books about value investing and perform stock analysis, searching for a value and improving my analytical skills.
My way of thinking about investing is highly influenced my famous value investors like Benjamin Graham, Joel Greenblatt, Seth Klarman, Warren Buffet, Horward Marks, Paul Sonkin, Michael Burry and others.
So far all my knowledge, checklists, mistakes, etc. were summarized in my private notes, as well as private reports of the securities I analyzed.
I think a blog or a little website is a good place where all of that can be aggregated in a structured way and be easily shared with others.
I expect to write articles that will fall into one of the following categories:
- Analysis of particular stocks
- Coverage of books about investing
- Some random thoughts about finance and investing
What is important for me is that I think sharing my research will make me a better investor because of the following reasons:
- Firstly sharing own work with others will require more discipline and accuracy.
- Secondly I expect to get feedback from more experienced investors and analysts that will point to flaws in my work.
I am happy to get any feedback from you.
- Email: blake131313 at google mail
- Twitter: @greyblake